Being a medium/platform of earning for the local and others of the region, the festival put its focus especially on the
Dwijing Festival 2020 Dates: 27th December 2019 to 7th of January 2020
Here are seven interesting facts about this festival.
- 1.’Dwijing’ means River Bank
- 2. The River Aie plays a Vital Role
- 3. This is What The Festival Showcases
- 4. Experience the Ethnic Foods – Roasted Pork -Jow Gisi
- 5. Experience The Thrill – Helicopter and Elephant Ride
- 6. One Stop Destination for all Adventurous Activities
- 7. Live Concerts – Fashion Shows – Bollywood Stars
1.’Dwijing’ means River Bank
The main purpose of the festival is to showcase the tourism potential of areas under Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC)
2. The River Aie plays a Vital Role
The river Aie, meaning ‘Mother’, originates from the Himalayas of Bhutan flowing through Chirang and Bongaigaon districts before meeting the river Brahmaputra. The Aie plays a vital role in the lives of people in the area. The venue of the various events of the festival will
3. This is What The Festival Showcases
The festival would showcase ethnic trade, cuisine, culture, games and sports, exhibitions, adventure sports, river rafting, helicopter rides
4. Experience the Ethnic Foods – Roasted Pork -Jow Gisi
For the food lover’s who loves experimenting with ethnic foods, the festival offers various stalls with local dishes and drinks. One such item is the mouth smacking smoke or roasted pork which you would definitely love to taste it. The locals have an indigenous drink known as Jow Gisi. This is also known as Rice Beer which is extracted from Rice. These two mentioned items are the few must-try local dishes.
5. Experience The Thrill – Helicopter and Elephant Ride
The helicopter ride and the Elephant ride are the most demanding adventurous activities among the tourists. You can explore the lush greenery hillocks of northeast India and neighboring country Bhutan through a helicopter ride.
And the Elephant ride is a very popular ride among the kids and families at
6. One Stop Destination for all Adventurous Activities
Camping beside the river is just mesmerizing with the colorful lights all around the fest and can enjoy the night activities at the festival.
7. Live Concerts – Fashion Shows – Bollywood Stars
This festival has
How to reach:
The location of the fest is just 5km away from the National Highway 31(C) at Chapaguri Point near IOCL Bongaigaon refinery village popularly known as Rowmari or Dangaigaon.
By Train: Bongaigaon-It has 2 railway stations.
New and Old Railway Station. The new Bongaigaon Railway Station is the 2nd largest railways junction in Assam and almost all the trains
By Air: Guwahati Airport. After reaching the airport one has to head to Bongaigaon town by train.
WATCH NOW –