If you are looking for how to remove Holi colours from nails, then this article is for you.
Holi comes in the festive season of march and marks the victory of good over evil. This is the day when Krishna reigned over the Demon King and his Uncle Kansa and defeated him through his God gifted powers.
Holi is one of the most religious festivals in our country, India. It’s very popular outside the shores of India and is celebrated with great enthusiasm. However, during Holi, many of them face many problems due to Holi Colours. The colours that most people use are very harmful.
It is the festival of love, happiness, and togetherness. It leaves behind many beautiful memories. I always had a wonderful time playing Holi with my friends and family.
But once you are done with playing Holi, you face many other challenges also. Like the big task that most people face is to get rid of those holi colours. These colours can be very harmful to your face, skin, hair, and nails. Also, it can stain the clothes that you wore.
The harmful chemicals present in Holi colours can lead to various skin problems like acne, breakouts, skin irritation, and allergies. So there is an urgent need to get aware of the several ways to get rid of these holi colours.
These Holi colours are not only harmful to your skin and hair. But it is adversely affecting your nails also. No one wants that their nails to get stained with holi colours. The most prominent culprit for everyone during Holi is the harmful ingredients that are used in the colours.
Most of us think that washing the colours with soap or face wash is enough to remove the toxic chemicals. But it will not work, and you may end up with irritating rashes on your skin, breakouts, and other skin-related difficulties.
Need not worry then. There are various home remedies that are very helpful in removing Holi colours from your nails.
- 1 How to Remove Holi Colours from Nails – 11 Effective Home Remedies
How to Remove Holi Colours from Nails – 11 Effective Home Remedies
Now, you need not spend your hard-earned money with any beauty experts or beauty professionals. You can get rid of your problems at home itself. These home remedies will work to remove Holi colours from your nails. Try these out and get tremendous results:
Vinegar is found almost in everyone’s kitchen. It is citric. So, it can be used to remove different kinds of stains from your nails.
Below are listed steps to use it to remove colours from your nails:
- Take a small bowl and add 3-4 tablespoons of white vinegar.
- Then, dip your nails in the bowl for a few minutes.
- Use a cotton ball for rubbing your nails until the colours vanish.
Amchur Powder or Dry Mango Powder
Amchur powder is another fantastic ingredient that you can easily find in your kitchens. It is used in making many other delicious recipes.
It is also used as a souring agent. Due to this, you can also use it to remove colours from your nails. Try the steps listed below:
- Take approx. ½ tablespoon of amchur powder in a bowl.
- Then, add 2-3 drops of water to make a thick paste.
- Once you are all done by preparing a mixture, then use a small brush to scrub your nails until the colour fades away from your nails.
Apply Nail Polish
This remedy can be used before Holi to protect your nails from getting stained with colours. Helpful remedy for those who have weak nails and may not want to use any other critical element. Just follow some simple steps
- Clean your nails well using oil the night before Holi.
- Now, apply a double coat of clear nail polish.
- After you are all done with playing Holi, remove your nail polish coat with a nail paint remover.
We all know that lemon is packed with many health benefits. Whether it is losing weight or getting rid of any stubborn stains on your nails. Here’s how you can remove colours from your nails.
- Take a lemon, and squeeze all its juices.
- Take your Q-tip, and dip it in the lemon juice.
- Use the same to clean your nails and remove colours gently.
- Make sure you don’t get any cuts on your hands while doing so.
Flour and Coconut Oil
This unique combination of gram flour and coconut oil also proves very helpful in removing those stubborn stains from nails after playing Holi.
Prefer using Dark Colour Nail Polish
If nothing works for you, that dark colour nail polish can always save you. Follow some simple steps:
- Firstly, try cleaning the colour stains on the cuticles so that your nails can look clean after you applying nail polish.
- Trim your long nails to make them look cleaner.
- Lastly, apply two coats of nail polishes of dark colours such as maroon, red, black, blue, etc.
Use Olive Oil
Apply olive oil on your nails before playing Holi to protect your nails from harmful colours.
You can also apply Vaseline to your nails and protect them from getting stained with harmful colours.
Apply Almond oil
Keep massaging your nails with almond oil for a few days after Holi. This will be helpful in slowly fading away from the holi colours from your nails.
Most of us might ignore it, but hot water makes the colour stick more to your nails and can do more harm. Therefore, washing them carefully using Cold Water is more advisable and the best option.
Opt for Manicure and Pedicure
There can be many ways to deal with the holi colours, but this one tops them all and proves more helpful in removing holi colours from your nails. This will take out the extra colours and make your nails look as appealing as they used to be earlier.
So these are some of the easy and effective home remedies on how to remove Holi colours from nails. I hope all my readers liked the article. Also, thank you for reading my article till the end.
Fantastic content! I was seeking something similar and came on your blog: How to Remove Holi Colors from Nails. Thank you very much.