Dry skin is a pressing problem in our daily lives. Especially with our skin exposed to dust, heat and other unwanted particles, it becomes almost necessary to have a good skin care routine.
However, with the humdrum of life, it’s bot always possible to do so. Thus, the best way to keep your skin enriched while being on a tight schedule is by daily moisturizing.
The skin on the face, mostly around our ears and neck are very sensitive to environmental changes. They replace skin more often than any other area on your skin. This daily loss of skin cells leaves these areas vulnerable to the dryness and the elements and therefore need moisture to repair itself.
Moisturizing allows for younger skin cells to rise to the surface and can give your sensitive skin the boost it needs to repair itself and stay healthy.
Thus, moisturizing is one of the easiest solutions which reduces skin problems. Moisturizing on a daily basis or in a routine can reduce your skin from developing extreme dryness or oiliness. Let’s see what are some of the best moisturizers for dry skin in India.
- 1. Biotique Bio Wheat Germ Firming Face and Body Night Cream
- 2. ST. D’VENCE Winter Edition Body Lotion
- 3. Nivea Soft
- 4. Olay Moisturizing Cream
- 5. VLCC Honey Moisturizer
- 6. Lotus Herbal Sheamoist Shea Butter And Real Strawberry
- 7. Lakme Peach Milk SPF 24 PA Sunscreen Moisturizer
- 8. Biotique Bio Wheat Germ
- What Causes Dry Skin?
- Basic Symptoms of Dry Skin
- When to Consult a Doctor?
- Importance of choosing the Right Moisturizer
- Things You should Remember
1. Biotique Bio Wheat Germ Firming Face and Body Night Cream
This moisturizing cream is a product that actually lightens and nourishes the skin. The Biotique Morning Nectar Moisturizing Lotion a must-try since it is made precisely to suit your skin’s needs.
- This moisturizer is easily absorbed and it replaces the natural oils and moisture which the skin loses.
- Morning Nectar makes your skin feels soothed and smooth.
- Its nourishing and hydrating actions provide a pleasant feeling on your skin without leaving any greasy film.
- Gently smooth over cleansed face and body with upward strokes
- Use in the morning, night and evening on a regular basis
- For Normal To Dry Skin
- Useable for both, Men & Women
- Blended with pure wheat germ, sunflower and almond oils, vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and extracts of carrot and galangal
- Prevents skin darkening and premature aging
- Moisturizes and strengthens skin pores
- Neutralizes skin-damaging radicals
- Not Any
2. ST. D’VENCE Winter Edition Body Lotion
An ultra-nourishing oil-based body lotion it is enriched with Australian Tea Tree Oil and French Shea Butter. It penetrates to the deep layers of your skin, promoting and intensely re-hydrating the lost moisture in your skin.
- No parabens, no mineral oils, no sulphates, hypoallergenic.
- French shea butter, vitamin A, B & e, Pure Australian tea tree oil, Italian olive oil.
- Rich nourishment formula uniformly penetrates into the skin and treats damaged skin, unique moisture-locking effect.
- No use of chemicals and parabens
- Cruelty-free product
- Ultra-nourishing oil-based lotion
- Ideal for everyday use
- Deeply layered absorption technology
- Moisture locking effect
- Rich nourishment formula
- Treats damaged skin
- Expensive product as compared to the quality
3. Nivea Soft
Nivea soft is the perfect refreshing moisturizing cream. It is enriched in vitamin e and jojoba oil. It is a fast-absorbing moisture cream that refreshes your skin, making it smooth, supple and healthy and comes with the signature Nivea fragrance.
- The combination of Vitamin e and jojoba oil makes skin soft.
- Keeps your skin healthy and happy.
- Refreshes skin as its non-greasy formula quickly melts into your skin.
- Light texture
- Fast absorption and intensive moisturization
- Suitable for all seasons.
- Combined moisturizer for face, hands, and body.
- Spread smoothly over large areas providing a refreshing feel
- It can be applied during the day as well as at night.
- Not suitable for all skin type
4. Olay Moisturizing Cream
Olay Total Effects fights the signs of ageing to give you a visibly younger-looking skin. From cleansing to moisturizing, this cream offers an array of products dedicated to making your skin look its best.
- Formulated with a special compound of VitaNiacin and Anti-Oxidants which acts together to give a younger looking skin.
- Suitable for both normal and combination skin.
- Keeps skin hydrated up to 12 hours with nourishment formula.
- Formulated with a special complex of VitaNiacin
- Pure anti-oxidants
- Gives you younger looking skin
- Suitable for normal to combination skin
- Long lasting moisturization
- Soft and smooth skin
- Not Any
5. VLCC Honey Moisturizer
This moisturizer is popular for it deep conditioning qualities and is enriched with Honey and Fenugreek extracts which nourishes and conditions the skin. It also naturally corrects skin’s moisture balance to make it look smooth and supple.
- Actively corrects skin’s natural moisture balance and nourishes the skin.
- Makes the skin look smooth and supple.
- Draws moisture from the air into the skin and ensure it’s retained.
- Nourishment up to 12 hours
- Keeps your skin fully hydrated
- Get firmer skin texture with regular application
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces dryness
- Suitable for normal to dry skin type
- Provides long lasting moisturization
- May Make the skin more oily
6. Lotus Herbal Sheamoist Shea Butter And Real Strawberry
It is one of the best moisturizers for dry skin in India bringing in a complete solution for your dehydrated skin. The goodness of shea butter and real strawberry brings proper hydration to your skin. Strawberry is a rich antioxidant and it helps to soothe and tone your skin.
- Restore skin moisture and suppleness.
- Strawberry extract is rich in polyphenols and acts as a natural antioxidant to soothe and tone the skin.
- Apply daily once in the morning and in case of extreme hydration, in the evenings too.
- Excellent skin emollient
- This has skin softening properties
- Restore skin moisture and suppleness
- Rich in polyphenols is a natural antioxidant
- Soothes and tones the skin
- Use a regular basis for extreme hydration
- Good for sensitive skin type
- Not any
7. Lakme Peach Milk SPF 24 PA Sunscreen Moisturizer
This moisturizer is a blend of wholesome peaches and milk, which nourishes the skin deeply without making it appear oily. This moisturizer which contains SPF 24 has a very soothing fragrance. This light moisturizer easily absorbs into the skin to lock moisture to give you soft and glowing skin.
- Infused with the goodness of peaches and milk.
- This lotion dozed with SPF 24 has a soothing fragrance.
- Easily absorbs into the skin to lock moisture for 12 hours to protect your skin from the sun.
- Enriched in the goodness of peaches and milk
- Dozed with SPF 24
- Light moisturizer
- Has a soothing fragrance
- Easily absorbs into the skin
- Lock moisture for 12 hours
- Good for regular use
8. Biotique Bio Wheat Germ
Bio Wheat Germis a rich cream that contains the intense nourishing abilities of pure wheat germ oil along with essential minerals. This cream has face firming qualities with natural antioxidants that revitalize dull skin.
- This essential rich-feeling cream coupled with minerals is blended with pure wheat germ, sunflower and almond oils.
- Vitamins and extracts of carrot and galangal to moisturize and strengthen skin for a more vital, resilient, younger appearance.
- Prevents skin darkening and premature ageing Moisturizes and strengthens skin pores Neutralizes skin-damaging radicals Treats minor skin problems.
- Gives smooth and flawless skin
- Keeps the skin moisturized
- Long lasting moisturizer
- Good for regular use
- Made of pure ingredients and pure extraction
- Restore skin moisture and suppleness
- Not any
What Causes Dry Skin?
Ideally, dry skin is not considered to be a serious issue. Most likely dry skin is caused due to Cold or sometimes even Hot Weather, or low moisture in the weather. Everyone wants to get rid of dry skin. Dry skin can also affect the other parts of the body. Many people naturally possess dry skin. Sometimes, if the dry skin issue becomes severe then you should not delay visiting / consulting a doctor and treating it immediately.
Basic Symptoms of Dry Skin
In most of the cases, dry skin is temporary and ideally or most likely one gets it in the Winter Season. However, there could be permanent conditions too which also depend most importantly on your Health, Age, Place you live, Environment or Weather you live, and also how long you spend your time outside the home or in open spaces.
- Skin Tightness feeling is the most common symptom especially after taking shower or after swimming.
- Rough look-alike skin
- Cracks on the skin especially on Lips and Cheeks, sometimes deep cracks too, and may bleed
- Redness over the skin (specific body part or sometimes overall), Gray or Ashy skin
- Sometimes, even too much Perfume or Body spray directly on your body may cause dry skin too
When to Consult a Doctor?
- After putting best efforts and you still do not see the desired result
- Dry skin + Redness or if its itch
- Scaling or peeling skin very often or infection in the skin
Importance of choosing the Right Moisturizer
- Help to draw water from the first or top layer (epidermis) of skin to the second layer of skin (dermis)
- It will shed dead skin cells
- Better Humectant most likely includes Hyaluronic Acid, Sorbitol, Urea, and Latic Acid
- It works along with Humectant and preventing loss of moisture from the skin and keep skin hydrant for longer.
- Better Occlusive must-have ingredients like Petroleum, Dimethicone, and Lanolin
- An emollient acts like a substance similar to patches on the road or potholes. It fills up the cracks in the skin due to dryness and smoothing the skin. Must have ingredients like Mineral & Virgin Coconut Oil and Palm Oil.
Other helpful or optional ingredients include
- Vitamin C, Retinol for Antiaging
Things You should Remember
- Choosing Lotion or Cream: Cream contains less water & alcohol than Lotion hence there are high chances, Lotion may dry your skin. Preferable: Cream
- Better to Eat than Wear: Historically, it is not proven that Food–grade oil, mainly Olive Oil is not that beneficial to the skin. Virgin coconut oil and sunflower seed oil can be exceptions as per Dr. Estemalik.
- Good-Bye to Fragrance as well as botanical: It is advisable that if your skin is sensitive, you should avoid common allergen like fragrance & botanical.
These are some of the best moisturizers for dry skin in India. Using the right kind of moisturizer for your skin can help maintain its balance and find it rejuvenated once again.
When skin is too dry or too oily, many common skin problems can pop up. Moisturizing is one of the primary secrets to having clear and flawless skin. Just remember to make sure you’re choosing a moisturizer that works for your skin!