Toners are the magic wands for the skin that acts as a natural filter. Our skin is covered with a natural protective layer called the acid mantle; this mantle prevents dust and contaminants from entering into pores.
When the skin is cleaned with a cleanser, it washes off the acid mantle containing dirt and pollutants. On the other hand, toner restores that acid mantle and creates a protective shield for your skin.
This is much faster and safer for your skin than waiting for the natural process of the skin to create that protective shield on its own. People with oily skins are often left in a lurch as to how to choose the best toner for their skin. The list compiled below will enable you to select the most significant toner for your skin.
Here is a list of best toners for oily skins in India:
- 1. Biotique Bio Cucumber Pore Tightening Toner With Himalayan Waters
- 2. Kama Ayurveda Pure Rose
- 3. Lotus Herbals Basil Tone Cucumber & Basil Clarifying & Balancing Toner
- 4. Jovees Skin Toner, Cucumber
- 5. Forest essentials Panchpushp Facial Toner
- 6. Blue Heaven Skin Toner
- 7. Plum Green Tea Alcohol-free Toner
- 8. The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mattifying Toner
- 9. VLCC Punarnava Astringent
- 10. Kaya Skin Clinic Acne-Free Purifying Toner
- Benefits of Toner for Oily Skin.
- How to Use Toners For Oily Skin for Best results.
1. Biotique Bio Cucumber Pore Tightening Toner With Himalayan Waters
Taking the skincare regime en-route Nature’s way is a sure shot formula for satisfying skin, and who better than Biotique when it comes to the olio of nature and skincare?
In a mix of Himalayan water with the cooling effect of cucumber, this toner promises a bottle of skincare wellness at an affordable price. Ingredients listed at the back of the pack contains coriander, cucumber, Burberry, nut galls, peppermint oil, and fresh Himalayan water.
- It reduces the pores, thus decreasing the oil secretion and breakouts.
- This suits normal to oily skin.
- Since it is ayurvedic, the chances of chemicals irritating the skin are nil. However, the smell might be a bit off to some.
- Helps reduce the risk of skin aging
- Protect skin from harmful effects of the sun
- formulated to bring the complexion
- perfect pH balance
- Ingredients in it help restore natural skin freshness and tone
- Good for oily skin and normal skin
- Not for sensitive skin type
2. Kama Ayurveda Pure Rose
One of the most sought after grooming ingredients in the royal castles were Rose. The enviable beauty secrets of the Royal families were hidden in the petals of the rose, and Kama Ayurveda has integrated the ingredient into our daily regime with this toner.
- It comes with a spritzer that allows even distribution, and
- The inherent anti-inflammatory property of Rose soothes the skin.
- This doesn’t let the skin dry up
- Easy spray-on system
- Pure rose fragrance
- Gives a refreshing effect to the skin
- Light cooling water that keeps the skin hydrated
- Might to made of pure rose extraction
- Poor quality product
3. Lotus Herbals Basil Tone Cucumber & Basil Clarifying & Balancing Toner
Perhaps, the most cost-effective toner in the Indian market right now and assures a great pH balance along with the goodness of basil and cucumber.
- Additionally, this also cleanses the skin of any grime and renders a refreshing glow to the skin at the end of the day.
- Tightens pores and removes excess oil accumulation. As with most natural toners, the fragrance might not seem very pleasant.
- Keeps your skin refreshed and hydrated
- Restores natural PH balance of your skin
- Prepares skin for moisturization by tightening skin pores
- Good for oily and combination skin type
- Good for sensitive skin quality
- Might contain paraben
4. Jovees Skin Toner, Cucumber
Aside from its affordability factor, this toner from Jovees promises a refreshed and glowing skin.
- It plumps up the skin giving it a radiant finish and shrinks the larger pores back to its original size.
- Moreover, it helps the skin retain moisture, all the while removing excess oil formation.
- The bottle comes in an easily applicable spritzer.
- Refreshes & cleanses the skin
- Cucumber skin toner cum astringent refreshes
- Tones skin without stripping natural oils
- Toner encourages cell regeneration
- Easily soothes any irritation
- Increases skin’s ability to retain moisture
- Removes excess oils
- Helps to minimize enlarged pores to leave skin clean
- Poor quality
5. Forest essentials Panchpushp Facial Toner
Forest essentials have made a definitive place for itself on the shelf of the luxury cosmetic brands, and this toner is just another testimony of that.
- It is hydrating and has a soothing smell.
- It has shown promising results upon everyday use.
- The price is a bit of a heavier pinch on the pocket.
- Enriched with marigold, kewda, saffron, and Bela flower, this toner promises a spa-like glow on the face with only one step.
- Age-old Ayurvedic formulations
- Contains organically grown and cold-pressed oils
- All secrets to flawless skin and ageless beauty
- Easily diminishes fine lines
- Hydrate and freshen the skin
- Pure rosewater is a natural astringent
6. Blue Heaven Skin Toner
Skin toners for oily skins often serve a dual purpose of cleansing and toning, and this toner from Blue Heaven is nothing short of heaven on your skin.
- Honey, tulsi, and cucumber come together in a unique formula to give a natural glow to the skin.
- It evens the skin and acts as a barrier against acne and pimples.
- Although it does not carve a hole in the pocket, it may prove abrasive to the skin due to the alcohol and paraben content.
- Made of pure and natural ingredients
- Hydrate and freshen the skin
- Keeps the skin clean and in the purest form
- Hides dark circles and spots easily
- Restores natural PH balance of your skin
- Not any
7. Plum Green Tea Alcohol-free Toner
Take it from somebody who has a terrible T-zone slide and frequent skin breakouts; this toner is the holy grail of all toners.
- Plum, despite the semi-natural formula, has given the best results for blemishes and acne.
- The glycerine, green tea, and glycolic acid make for a formula that is safe for oily, dry, sensitive, and combination skins.
- It is alcohol-free and keeps the skin moisturized.
- Suitable for oily, acne-prone & combination skin
- Stop the formation of new acne
- Helps remove dead skin cells from the top layer of your oily, acne-prone skin
- Restores natural PH balance of your skin
- Anyone can get even-toned skin all in just one swipe
- No paraben
- Cruelty free product
- For both gender, men & women
- Not made of original and pure ingredients
8. The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mattifying Toner
Body Shop has hit the ball outside the park with this toner. It is often rated as a favorite by people who have oily skins. Tea tree oil is famous for its antibacterial properties and helps in reducing allergic skin reactions.
- Tamanu oil has antiseptic properties, while lemon helps in improving complexion. It also helps in controlling the whiteheads on my skin. It gives a cooling sensation on application, which is really soothing.
- It is alcohol-free and does not sting the skin on application. It gives a natural glow to the skin and keeps it oil-free for 2-3 hours.
- Refreshing toner for blemished skin
- Gives the skin a beautiful matte look
- Provides a shiny skin finish
- Removes traces of make-up easily
- It’s a great cleanser for impurities
- No use of paraben
- No use of animal products
- Not suitable for all skin type
9. VLCC Punarnava Astringent
This toner gives a cooling almost minty effect after use due to the addition of honey, almond and aloe vera along with astringent.
- It helps in reducing the oil release by closing the pores.
- It is highly recommended for acne-prone skins.
- Non-greasy moisturizer
- Makes your skin supple and nourished well
- Suitable for all skin types
- Herbal extracts of neem and clove oil
- Helps in controlling acne
- Controls excessive sebum secretion from the skin
- Makes your skin smooth and radiant
- Might not suit all skin type and cause acne
10. Kaya Skin Clinic Acne-Free Purifying Toner
Exfoliation and toning in a single pack of wonder are what this toner essentially is. Kaya since the beginning has focused on solving the skin woes and this toner with its acne clearing feature is just another step forward to that goal.
- It unclogs pore
- Restrains the excess sebum, which gives rise to whiteheads and blemish.
- It’s an alcohol-free toner
- Formulated for those who have a combination of oily and acne-prone skin
- Best face toners for pimple prone skin
- Helps unclogs pores
- Tightens your pores and reduces irritation
- Contains mandelic acid and a mild AHA
- Exfoliate dead cells from the surface of the skin
- Too harsh on the skin
Benefits of Toner for Oily Skin.
Toner is a very effective product to help your skin to control excessive oil coming out from your skin. They are beneficial for controlling oily skin and they work very well off-makeup or with heavy make-up, they make sure that your makeup won’t spoil because of your oily skin and you will look good even in sunny weather with oil-free skin.
Toners remove all types of residual oils your skin secretes. When your skin secretes such oils and impurities will be visible that make your skin look dull with the unwanted shine of oil. Without toners, pores in your skin will be either blocked or will open up. In both cases, the cause will damage your skin.
The pores which are enlarged will cause mucus formation, and the mucus formation will, later on, will get dried up. These dried-up pores are black dots sometimes you see on your face. If the mucus doesn’t dry up, this will lead to pimples or acne and more oil will be produced due to your sebaceous glands.
How to Use Toners For Oily Skin for Best results.
Using a toner is part of the regular three-step skincare routine. Using a toner is considered the second step in this process. The first step in a regular skincare routine is cleansing which cleans your skin well, and removes oil and dirt particles for the next process which is toning of your skin. Toners make sure that your skin won’t get dried up or get oily. The final step is moisturizing, by moisturizing your skin stays hydrated which is essential for your skin.
To apply toner on your face, you will need a cotton pad made up of good quality and soft for the best results and no irritation. Add a few drops of toner to the cotton pad and gently rub it across your face. Make sure toner does not come in contact with your eyes which may result in irritation and redness.
Apply toner all over your face and beneath your chin. Some people apply toner on their ears too which is not good because toners are not made for ears, ear skin is a little different than our skin on the face due to regular application. Do not apply too much toner. A more amount of toner in a single session is not good for your skin.
You can use toners in the morning and evening without any hesitation. Try to limit it to only twice a day because too much toner will lead to skin problems as mentioned earlier. Some toners contain a high concentration of Exfoliants as Alpha Hydroxy Acids. Try to avoid toners with a high concentration of Exfoliants because they are used in toners for long-lasting properties, but these properties can lead to tightness in your skin and irritation, and worst case. This will dry your skin completely which will lead to serious skin damage. You may need to consult a dermatologist if you are feeling such tightness and irritation after applying toners to your skin.
Working women who stay outdoors for long periods of time and are exposed to sun or dirt during the morning and evening should use a toner in the morning and at night.
A healthy facial skin speaks volumes about your grooming habits, and a researched grooming regime makes for healthy and radiant skin in the long run.