- 1 Best Moisturizers for Oily Skin in India – Overview
- 2 1. Mamaearth Oil-Free Moisturizer For Face
- 3 2. UrbanBotanics Oil-Free Moisturizer For Face
- 4 3. Plum Green Tea Mattifying Moisturizer
- 5 4. Boutique Morning Nectar Skin Lotion
- 6 5. Aroma Magic Juniper Berry Oil Free Moisturiser
- 7 6. Lacto Calamine Face Lotion for Oil Balance
- 8 7. Derma Essentia Ultra Hydrating Moisturizer
- 9 Why do we need Moisturizer for Oily Skin?
- 10 What are the types of Moisturizer for Oily Skin?
- 11 Best Moisturizers For Oily Skin in India – Buying Guide
- 12 Tips On Using Moisturizer For Oily Skin
Best Moisturizers for Oily Skin in India – Overview
If your face is greasy, you have larger pores in your T zone, are prone to pimples and blackheads and acne—and find make-up sliding off your face, you’re stuck with oily skin. Moisturizing helps to keep the skin barrier intact.
It is essential even for oily and acne-prone skin. It is a primary step in the daily skincare regime. Lack of hydration accelerates premature aging and makes it more sensitive to chemicals and pollutants.
However, there are so many options available, that there are plenty of opportunities to find what works for you. But these experiments can do more harm than good. Picking the right moisturizer can be tricky, especially for oily skin.
We have compiled a list of the seven best moisturizers for oily skin in India. Let’s take a look.
1. Mamaearth Oil-Free Moisturizer For Face
This Oil-free moisturizer maintains the pH level of the skin which is extremely important for overall skin health. Mama earth’s Oil-Free Moisturizer helps to retain the natural moisture of the skin by removing oil from the pores. This moisturizer is very effective in fighting acne and pimples.
- Apple Cider Vinegar plays an essential role in maintaining the pH level of the skin
- Betaine helps in retaining the natural moisture of the skin
- It is very effective in enhancing the overall appearance of the skin by reducing wrinkles
- Free from toxins such as Silicones, Parabens, SLS
- Moisturizing reduces the chances of skin problems
- Eliminating dryness without leaving skin greasy or shiny
- Lightweight and non-greasy lotion keep skin moisturized for 12 hours.
- Helping to soothe & condition a clean, clear, even skin tone
- Help unclog pores
- Low-quality product
2. UrbanBotanics Oil-Free Moisturizer For Face
This neem & basil infused oil-free moisturizer from Urban Botanics delivers long-lasting hydration and retains the natural moisture of the skin. UrbanBotanics oil-free moisturizer has a mattifying effect. It helps to mattify excess oil and tighten large pores.
- Lightweight and non-greasy
- Keeps skin moisturized up to 12 hrs
- This oil-free mattifying moisturizer is free from Parabens, Phthalates, Propylene glycol
- The moisturizer contains non-comedogenic ingredients that decrease blackheads, pimples.
- Removes acne marks
- Prevents Acne & Pimples
- A non-comedogenic face moisturizer
- Helps effective moisturization of your face and keeps acne & pimples away.
- The moisturizer feels light on the face and is non-greasy.
- Hydrating the skin effect for a longer time.
- Small pimples may pop up
3. Plum Green Tea Mattifying Moisturizer
The Plum Tea Mattifying moisture is Silicone-free and is made from hand-picked non-comedogenic ingredients. Daily pleasant after-feel, non-shiny finish, and acne combat. It provides a Multi-dimensional care to the skin that includes: clear appearance, controlled hydration, non-shiny matte finish, wrinkles, and acne-free solutions.
Palm tree moisturizers help keep your skin look healthy and young which makes it one of the best moisturizers for oily skin in India.
- Lightweight, non-greasy matte products
- Green-tea is a primary ingredient that combat acne
- It contains glycolic acid which helps in clearing up the skin
- Good for oily, acne-prone, and combination skin
- Green tea extracts help in fighting acne
- Hydration to the skin,
- Glycolic acid helps exfoliate pores gently
- No use of paraben in it
4. Boutique Morning Nectar Skin Lotion
The boutique morning nectar leaves a soothing effect on the skin by keeping it blemish-free. Boutique is synonymous to Ayurveda. This lotion is a complete Ayurvedic recipe that contains nectar, pure honey, wheat germ, seaweed, etc which are extremely beneficial for oily skin.
This product leaves a non-greasy effect on your skin and contributes to controlled hydration. The ingredients used the Biotique Morning Nectar Skin lotion are 100% pure, organic, preservative-free.
- Contains SPF 30 and thus helps in protecting against harmful ultraviolet rays.
- Replenishes the lost moisture by replacing natural oils.
- This lotion is easily absorbed in the skin and is extremely light weighted.
- Can be easily absorbed and replacing the natural oils
- Moisture the skin for a long time
- Its help in nourishing and hydrating the skin
- Skin feels soothed and smooth
- Daily useable twice
- Suitable for all skin type
- Not at all an Ayurvedic product
5. Aroma Magic Juniper Berry Oil Free Moisturiser
This oil-free Moisturiser by Aroma magic uses traditional methods in its making and combines the science of aromatherapy, such as extracting oils from plants, flowers, and seeds. The moisturizer keeps the skin twice as hydrated and moisturized and fights against dehydration
- The extracts of juniper berry and cucumber act as efficient anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant agents.
- This moisturizer is extremely lightweight and transparent.
- It provides the right amount of hydration and contains a mild smell
- The product comes in a small, transparent plastic friendly bottle which makes it extremely travel-friendly.
- This product is free of petrochemicals, phthalates, toxic ingredients such as parabens.
- Suitable for oily skin type
- Protects and brightens skin
- Lightens blemishes and lines
- Helps heal acne
- Unisexual product
- Too watery consistency
6. Lacto Calamine Face Lotion for Oil Balance
The Lacto calamine face lotion absorbs excess oil from the skin and prevents skin disorders such as dermatitis. It contains glycerine which helps in retaining the natural moisture of the skin and prevents drying of the skin.
Zinc oxide is instrumental in preventing unclog pores. Lacto calamine is one of the best moisturizers for oily skin in India and has a widely available.
- Absorbs excess oil
- Cinnamon extracts can be effective against pimples
- Provides oil control for up to 8 hours of use
- Aloe Vera provides a soothing effect and is useful to beat irritated or inflammatory skin.
- Available in almost all pharmacies, beauty stores, etc.
- Suitable for oily, acne-prone, and combination skin
- Providing controlled hydration to the skin,
- Glycolic acid helps exfoliate pores gently
- Keeps the skin clean and oil-free
- Leaves the skin matte all day long
- No use of paraben in it
- This contains PEG -400 that is toxic
7. Derma Essentia Ultra Hydrating Moisturizer
Derma Essentia Ultra Hydrating Moisturizer comes with triple power of Provitamin B5, and Aquaxyl that provide long-lasting hydration. It reinforces the skin’s natural barrier function and reduces water loss. It gives your skin a healthy, plumpy, and glowing look. The cream is available in a 100 g tube.
- This moisturizer helps in maintaining long-lasting hydration
- This product can also serve as a primer
- This product is dermatological tested and is Chemical free
- Oil-Free Moisturizer for oily and acne-prone skin
- Helps to reduce oil/sebum secretion
- Smoothens the skin grains.
- Helps in pore tightening
- Gives mattifying the skin shine
- Non- greasy
- Dermatologically tested
- The skin may get dry and tight
Why do we need Moisturizer for Oily Skin?
Moisturizing is the best skincare routine. It provides hydration to the skin and as dry skin, oily skin needs more moisturizer. Pollution, UV rays, and excessive cleansing of damaged skin, which in turn causes oil production. Poor diets, improper skincare, or hormonal shifts are also the causes of oily skin.
The oil in our skin is also beneficial as it helps our skin to age slowly and which in turn look younger for a longer time. Drinking plenty of water makes our diet balanced and makes our skin healthy and hydrated and flush away all the toxins present in our body.
What are the types of Moisturizer for Oily Skin?
We must choose light moisturizers that include fewer chemicals and fewer fillings in them but at night we can use heavier moisturizers, as we just go to sleep, so we can use them. Actually heavier products settle on the skin easily while we are in resting time. Thick cream can also be used for the whole body. Using hydrating moisturizers in summers is beneficial.
To treat water on the skin’s surface, humectant-based moisturizers can be used. Emollient-based moisturizers are suited for every skin type.
To avoid greasiness, Occlusive-based moisturizers are used. Purifying cleanser, hydrating toning gel, balancing day lotion, balancing night gel can also be used to avoid oily skin.
Best Moisturizers For Oily Skin in India – Buying Guide
Using chemical products results in itchiness or irritation and causes disruption of natural skin, therefore natural products must be used. For oily skin, choose a moisturizer that is oil free. To avoid clog pores, a non-comedogenic facial moisturizer is good. It’s not necessary that ingredients that suit the body always suit the face.
Dimethicone, Glycolic Acid, Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide, Retinol, Jojoba oil, Grapeseed oil, Hazelnut Oil, Salicylic Acid are some of the essential requirements.
The requirement that should be present in the moisturizer provides Vitamin A, Vitamin B3, aids damaged skin cells, retains natural moisture, prevents skin clogging, reduces pore size, balances the pH of the skin, and absorbs oil and fat.
Tips On Using Moisturizer For Oily Skin
- For better and quick results, moisturizers must be applied on slightly damp skin.
- The best time to apply the moisturizer is in the morning and at night before going to bed.
- One must surround themselves with a healthy and clean environment not only just physically but mentally too.
- For glowing and hydrating skin, pair the moisturizer with a suitable face wash.
- Apply the moisturizer on the neck also.
- Using natural hydrating masks reduces oil production.
- Lightweight cream or lotion is best suited.
Avoiding the usage of jelly, cocoa butter or coconut oil on the skins also helps. Also don’t rush for expensive products, as the product is expensive doesn’t always mean that it is more effective. Many ingredients in these expensive products just include dyes, fragrances that are not used in helping oily skin.
- Best Foundation for Oily Skin in India
- Best Moisturizers for Oily Skin in India
- Best Toners for Oily Skin in India
- Best Primers for Oily Skin in India